Advantages of FRP pipe fittings:
1. It has excellent physical properties and is a good thermal and electrical insulator;
2. Chemical corrosion resistance, long service life, FRP maintains the smooth surface of the new tube;
3. Low installation and maintenance costs, which will reduce installation and maintenance costs;
4. Great design flexibility and short modification period.
Municipal engineering-water supply engineering, drainage engineering, rainwater engineering;
Electricity-power plant circulating water, power plant desulfurization;
Telecommunication-cable protection tube;
Petrochemical-oil well water injection pipe, various corrosive fluid medium transportation projects;
Agriculture, forestry and water conservancy-agriculture, forestry and water conservancy irrigation;
Other fields of fluid medium transportation.
Performance characteristics of FRP pipe fittings:
1. FRP pipe fittings have excellent physical properties, the specific gravity of FRP pipe is 1.8-2.1, high strength, the weight of FRP pipe is light, and the physical and mechanical properties are excellent. In addition, the expansion coefficient of FRP pipe is roughly equivalent to that of steel, and the thermal conductivity is low. A good thermal and electrical insulator.
2. The glass steel pipe fittings are resistant to chemical corrosion and have a long service life, and are suitable for conveying various acids, alkalis, salts and organic solvents and other different media.
3. The hydraulic properties of FRP pipe fittings are excellent, which is one of the important features of FRP pipe. Excellent hydraulic characteristics mean that the fluid head loss is small, and a smaller pipe diameter or lower power delivery pump can be selected, thereby reducing the initial investment of pipeline engineering, saving power and reducing operating costs. The inner surface of FRP is quite smooth. Generally, the surface roughness can be 0.008, which can almost be regarded as a “hydraulic smooth pipe”. During operation, the inner surface of steel pipe, cast iron pipe, cement pipe, etc. often undergoes local corrosion and becomes more and more Rough, while the glass fiber reinforced plastic has always maintained the smooth surface of the new tube.
4. The installation and maintenance cost of FRP pipe fittings is low. Generally speaking, FRP pipe does not need special anti-corrosion treatment; the insulation layer can be thinned without additional insulation treatment; the pipeline is relatively light, the lifting equipment tonnage is small, and the power consumption is low.
5. The design flexibility of glass steel pipe fittings is large, and the modification cycle is short. FRP is made of fiber reinforced material impregnated with a resin matrix, wound layer by layer on a core mold according to specific process conditions and properly cured. The tube wall is a layered structure, which can be changed by changing the resin system or using different Reinforcement materials are used to adjust various physical and chemical properties of FRP pipes to adapt to different media and working conditions to make FRP pipes with different pressure levels or with certain special properties. The short modification period is a remarkable feature of fiber-wound composite materials, which cannot be compared with isotropic metal pipes.